Friday, September 17, 2010

New To Me…

One of my friends turned me on to the Sundance Channel on cable. Since the demise of Fine Living, besides HGTV, I’ve been looking to broaden my creative horizons.

She was so right…I originally tuned in to watch Man Shops Globe which details the buyer for Anthropologie on his shopping trips world wide. What a job that would be. I have to say, I’m jealous.

Mr. Anthropologie, Keith Johnson, meets with artists firsthand and brings back interesting things. Some are great, and others are just entertaining. On a recent episode he was introduced to a woman that makes paper animals, manly birds. Her creations are so beautiful - I’d like one. Either way, I look forward to watching the season unfold to see what he finds next.

http://www.sundancechannel.com/man-shops-globe/about/

Back to Sundance – it also covers fashion with a lot of behind the scenes coverage on fashion designers. Love that… I’m hooked.

Soooo this got me thinking… Are there any other channels or shows out there on design I’m missing? If so, do tell…

3 comments:

Karen said...

Love Man Shops Globe! Must see tv.

It's on HGTV, but I really liked the first episode of Secrets From a Stylist. She's got a fun personality and I liked the format of the show.

Oh how I miss Fine Living and Sheila Bridges show!

kelly giesen said...

I miss Sheila too. I loved her show. I also really liked Secrets of A Stylist - she is really fun to waich.

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

I'm going to have to look out for this show. Thx.