Monday, June 28, 2010

Working From Porch…



OK, this from Better Homes is cute. As you know I’m a huge fan of small office nooks, but this is literally thinking outside the box – having your office outside on the porch. I need a porch….

I am not sure where they live, but it’s probably somewhere warm, otherwise you’d have a fair weather office. Anyhow…how’s this for clever use of vertical space? They made the most of every foot all the way up - decorative boxes above, technology and files behind the curtain. Great curtain by the way…

Another plus - when you’re out there you’re surrounded by the architectural character of the home. Between the doors, the transom, the windows, and overhead corbels, I’m in heaven. Crack the window and work inside/outside...

This gives a whole new meaning to working from home...

From now on forward my calls to the porch please. Well more likely the fire escape or the air shaft, or thanks to wireless, the roof garden (our building’s is shown here).

1 comment:

Friend_on_12 said...

Well if paper covers rock, then roof definitely covers porch. True, the porch is charming but it can't compare with "the only place I know where you just have to wish to make it so."
For me, endless inspiration flows from up on the roof.