Thursday, May 6, 2010

Specializing in Little People



I just got this book in the mail - Room for Children by Susanna Salk. Love it. Sometimes you fall for a cover and that’s it. Not so here - the whole thing kept my attention. Design books are great and I wish I could have a room full, but living in NYC I have to be picky, as I have so little space. This made the cut – a keeper...

Children’s rooms give you the chance to create fun childish adult-like spaces. Like many children’s clothing lines today that look like outfits for mini adults, furniture and accessories can too. For instance Jonathan Adler just came out with a mini me line of some of his favorite pieces – Jonathan Adler Junior. The Lampert sofa and the Woodhouse bed scaled down for the littler set is cute as a button, but at adult like prices. The concept is catching.

In the recent house tour I got the chance to see some great children and pre-teen bedrooms. Funny enough each contained things I wanted for myself. No mistaking it - one design can sometimes fit all...

Take great lighting - a 5 star fixture that is enchanting for a child can work equally well when they graduate from college or long after. This is another reason I never feel bad about spending money on lighting. If done well, it’s timeless...

I’ve been doing children’s rooms for the last few years and it’s always fun. Boys, girls, both in the same room - designing for little people let’s you stretch your imagination and take everything one step further. And I never mind doing that…

1 comment:

sari said...

Hi קלי
אני אוהבת את הספר הזה וגם מכירה אותו.י זאת המלצה טובה מאד.
אני אוהבת את כל התמונות ואת ההתיחסות שלך לכל הפרטים הקטנים ו והגדולים גם יחד תמשיכי לכתוב לנו.י
תודה רבה !י