Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Favorite Style Element - Bolsters



I am not sure why, but adding a bolster pillow brings an element of style to almost anything. Many of my favorite chaise lounges, window seats, and sofas ALL have them. In fact our sofa growing up had bolsters and maybe that's why I'm such a fan today. For some reason they appeal to my modern side, but on a traditional note, they have been around for years.

Aside from furniture accents, I also really like the simplicity of having one long bolster as the focal point of the bed. In this bedroom the bed is clean lined and elegant – no masses of pillows everywhere, just one. I saw this very same design in a book with black and white pictures of modern rooms from the the 1940's. I loved it then and love it now. Another bonus - it sure would speed up making the bed in the morning... I'm all for that too.

No comments: