- As with many classical elements of design, the Acanthus leaf has underlying meaning. It's said to represent the cyclical nature of life - spot on considering the apartment is going from old and neglected to new again.
- Acanthus is a symbol of peace in the Garden of Eden - true again as my space has always been a peaceful retreat from busy city life for me.
- The Acanthus Leaf has always symbolized the highest degree of refinement and elegance - great forshadowing for my new place.
- Some say the Acanthus, one of the oldest and most common flowers in the Mediterranean, represents long life - good news for me or anyone who lives in the apartment (note: future selling point).
- Historically this design element appears frequently in the art and architecture of ancient Greece and Rome - everything old is new again as traditional goes well alongside modern.
- In Christian art the Anthacus Leaf represents Heaven - can't top that...
The Acanthus Leaf is shown in many forms and it is is a design I have always liked. Other favorites of mine are lambs tongue, pearl bead and egg & dart. I have not picked out my moldings yet, but I may have to consider repeating this design again somewhere...