Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Belly Up with Style...





I love banquettes in restaurants and would love one in my home. The BG Restaurant designed by Kelly Wearstler comes to mind as it has banquettes in pale blue leather – easy to clean, social, calming and beautiful. They are great for comfort and coziness, but also for the space saving possibilities they bring. Placed against the wall you can save the space ordinarily needed to pull out a chair; and if you put a bench on the other side, you can save even more.

Long ones look dramatic and allow for a nice big table. Rounds look cool and nobody gets the end. Add some pillows and you have window seat-like dining even without a window; and if you are lucky enough to have a window, one better…

Sooooo which banquette takes the cake?

The one in fashion designer Cynthia Rowley’s West Village apartment is just perfect - not just for the banquette, but look at that iridescent wallpaper. I could go on and on just about that... The whole package is absolutely stunning. If you had a dinner party there, nobody would ever leave.

I picked up this Elle Décor on my subway news stand even though I knew in a day or two it would be in my mailbox. One look at the cover and I had to have it.

Another great inspiration to add to the memory banks and try...not in my next renovation but eventually.

No comments: