Thursday, September 27, 2012

Love at 1st Sight…

 
They don’t call it kitchen of the year for nothing… 

House Beautiful’s kitchen of the year is featured in this month’s issue, and the worst part is this – I missed it.  How could this happen when I live right here?  I’m bummed…  Well truthfully I’m not surprised.  Trying to juggle multiple renovations and grand jury duty at the same time was not the summer I had in mind.    

Love at first sight…  This tile from Ann Sachs is stunning, but I’d fallen in love long before seeing it here.  One day while tile shopping, I spotted it.  Wow.  I HAVE to do this somewhere. It's hard to capture this feeling from a picture but trust me, it's a keeper... 

Well someone beat me to it.  Here it is – and so much more fun than falling for a sample board.  The shimmery irridescent quality is absolutely irresistible - it glows.  Much like the kitchen itsself.  Other things to love – the hammered sink, the polished open shelving, and the glam pot & pan storage…well basically all of it.  Pick up the issue and see what I mean…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous kitchen, the walls are as serene as polished mirror and still water, I love it.

-Solomon Berkovitch
Shower Enclosures Brooklyn

mathavan yadhavan said...




This is very useful to me...



Design in New York