Thursday, February 23, 2012

While Wandering…





While running errands the other day, I stumbled into Les Toiles Du Soleil. It was one of those great NYC moments where you happen upon a place by accident and duck in on a whim...

I was immediately struck by the beachy striped fabrics by the yard, chairs, and espadrilles to name just a few things that caught my eye... Colorful and fun, their woven cotton fabrics are made on old-style looms; and if custom makes you as happy as it does me, they also make curtains, awnings, beach chairs and more.

So click into their online store, or if you’re in the neighborhood, drop by...

http://www.lestoilesdusoleilnyc.com/ltds-products

And if you go, go with a sweet tooth…

On the very same block I found another little place - new to me and just opened – Stick & Pop, a bakery specializing in the latest craze, cake pops. I love these things. With many different flavors and sprinkles to choose from, they're perfect for an everyday craving or a big hit at your next party.

http://www.stickandpop.com/

I love finding new places while wandering. That’s one of the things I fell in love with after moving here. Both are in Chelsea on West 19th b/w 7th and 8th - a block I will absolutely go back to...

No comments: