Friday, February 17, 2012

Prewar Again Goes Modern…


Here’s another space where prewar goes modern…

The original character in these rooms is already there, but the furniture and the doors take it in a modern direction. I'm a big fan of the combination done right… And these doors - the metal casement-like version of the traditional French door gets me every time. They’re fantastic, as is the open, loft-living concept.

I’ve seen this done in my own building when people combine apartments. Opened up, one apartment is ALL living space where as the other or others in some cases, are bedrooms, dens and offices. It’s astounding the difference no wall makes. I saw my last apartment this way and I couldn’t believe it was the same space – it looked 3 times the size. Ever since then I’ve been dreaming about removing walls.

And here it is again - the uptown/downtown loft space I'd like in my future. It's taunting me…

No comments: