Friday, February 10, 2012

2 for 1 Weekend Special...


Today’s a 2 for one Friday - two posts in one day on account of my crazy week.

Here’s another kitchen from my save file. A fantastic space, no doubt, and eat-in - both reasons enough to save it, but this image is All about the rock star hood. It’s gorgeous…

The strategy in my own kitchens, at least in the last two, has been to avoid having a hood at all. If you have the right layout or can design your way there, I’d rather skip this step, and spend my savings on something else. Case in point: in my studio apartment, the kitchen couldn’t be vented, so I ended up paying more than I should have for a hood, which was really no more than an expensive recirculating fan with a light – a waste overall, but I have to admit, I did love the light…

Well here’s the absolute opposite approach if your budget prevails… I Love this corrugated industrial metal style hood and although it’s next to a highly traditional cabinet, it could easily live a modern life. And the size – wow. I’d call this a winner on All fronts…

No comments: