Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Vintage-ish Hardware…


This kitchen is great for many reasons - one of them being the designer’s choice of hardware. It reminds me of the vintage ice boxes you see in antique shops and it works wonders here.

The best way to add personality to any kitchen is through hardware, so I’m always on the lookout for my next favorite go-to line. Recently one of my top picks for buying hardware went the way of the economy – it’s gone. I’m really going to miss Kraft Hardware on East 62nd Street... I found out by accident. I was meeting someone there when I got the call – a chapter 7 sign on the door. I’m soooo sad…

My save file is full of images of hardware I like, my camera is too. Maybe one day I’ll use these inspirations to have it custom made, but until then I’ll need to find a new supplier for special hardware. I HAVE to, because for me it’s ALL about the hardware...

PS: I may take the Kraft hardware in my own kitchen with me when it’s time to renovate again someday. It was custom and with the closing of the store, it’s beyond unique - now it's vintage…

1 comment:

Dream Mom said...

I love to see a picture of the hardware.