Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Zig Zag…


I love a zig zag design, so whether in Missoni fabric or herringbone floors, it’s a hit in my book. In this renovation I chose a zig zag pattern for my wood floors and its timeless – old world appeal with a modern edge.

But truthfully does love last? The answer here is yes. Now that I’ve been living mine for a while, I would make the same choice again in a minute. Love at first sight and lasting love all in one...

On the subway this morning I opened my new issue of Architectural Digest and found this image on the bottom of the second to last page. Talk about saving the best for last. I’m craving this on a full page scale…

Everything about this room by Jacques Grange makes me happy, but what really caught my eye was the amazing zig zag floor. Gorgeous but the brilliant part is the layout – by inserting a bit of plain white space between the pattern, the look takes on a contemporary, sexy vibe. This without a doubt makes the room. Go pick up an issue as the scan doesn’t do it justice.

For me the curtain call image in this month’s issue is a show stopper, and as for the rest? Well the vanity and lighting are 5 star too…

No comments: