Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Girly-ist of Days…

I’m having a girly day at home on Friday to watch the royal wedding with a few friends. What better excuse is there to get some girlfriends together, roll out of bed early and feast on yummy breakfast, mimosas and tea. No fuss at all - messy hair and slippers welcome.

I’ve already stocked up on tea and even called home for my sister’s egg recipe that gets made the night before. It’s to die for…. This day is also the perfect occasion for tabletop befitting a princess - pretty dishes, tea cups, champagne glasses, and cake plates. Like I need a reason…

I’ve never been a wedding girl in general, but remember clearly getting up 30 years ago to watch Diana’s. I was so excited. It’s hard to believe it was so long ago. Seeing the recent images and coverage of the stories leading up to that day, I’m still drawn in.

I wonder what will happen this time around? Who will make the dress? What will she do with her hair? What about the cake, the clothes and the reception? Right now it’s still a secret, but no matter what happens that day, it’s sure to be fun to watch. My only wish – that Diana was there to celebrate too...

4 comments:

Dream Mom said...

Oh, what a FABULOUS idea! I love creating beautiful tablescapes adn how fun would that be to have a royal breakfast to watch the royal wedding? I can't wait to see the dress either, plus everything else. I saw Diana's wedding too and I know she would be so proud of William.

Valerie Wills Interiors said...

My sentiments exactly - wish Diana was there to see her son marry Kate. She would have been so proud. Loved that Kate's Mum wore Catherine Walker (who Diana loved). Cried when William told Kate she looked beautiful and that Grace Kelly-esque dress. Stunning. I'm very proud to be English ;o)

Juliana B2 said...

I thought it was elegant and it made me smile all day vs the usual news I watch when I first wake up. I did not love her dress, hair or makeup though..yet she still looked like a lovely bride. Hope your reception royale was wonderful also...cheers and tootles

Kelly Giesen said...

It was so much fun. One of my friends brought frosted sugar cookies made by Tribeca Bakery especially for the wedding - almost too pretty to eat!