Monday, January 31, 2011

Color Draw…


Lately I find myself drawn to rooms in various shades of purple and lavender. It’s a very soothing color and pairs well with my other love – gray. And purple doesn’t have to be overly girly, unless you want it to, especially when layered in with black or smoky charcoal.

Beyond the color, sprinkle in polished silver accents, Lucite and some mirror and you’re got glam. Speaking of glam - I love this loft featured a while ago in Elle Décor. So pretty...

Another great lavender inspiration – I’m crazy for this wallpaper. It would create an amazing room...

OK. Something tells me I’ll be pulling off a room in this color sometime soon – I can’t help myself…

1 comment:

gabrielle904 said...

Oh my goodness! I am so in love with that room and those curtains, please do a lavender room in the future.
Those splashes of pink, that look like peonies and the charcoal sofa, plus the twigs of blossoms....divine.
And maybe it isn't too feminine, I am in love. Thanks for sharing it.