Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Window Dressing…


I love the store windows during the holidays and I’m lucky enough to see a few from my apartment. They look so festive, especially at night - lots of white lights, garland, trees and snowflakes. Very pretty..

I don’t have curtains yet, and my front window is storefront-like, so decorating is in order. I’ve been admiring Starbucks, adhesive snowflakes from up here. I wish I knew where to get something similar for my windows – super easy.

Instead on Saturday I hung some amazing Lucite snowflakes I found in the flower district with fishing line and some 3M clear removable hooks. I Love it - subtle and pretty…

And the best part is, you can’t even see the hooks - they disappear into the window frame. In fact I’ve decided to leave them up all year around for parties and the holidays next year. Imagine all the pre-strung options out there as alternatives to my snowflakes – mirrors, stars, beads. This will be fun…

The Lucite is not showing up well in pictures, so Anthropologie is never fails for great window inspiration. Which reminds me... I need to get out there and see this years store windows. They are always so amazing this time of year.

No comments: