Monday, November 8, 2010

A Dollar and a Dream…





A friend of mine forwarded this over from Curbed as she thought I would like it… Clearly she knows me well.

Wow. This is what you get if you have a big budget. This amazing apartment, which currently belongs to Rene Zellweger, is on the market. A full floor in a brownstone on the 2nd floor, it’s a stone’s throw away, across the park just off 5th Avenue on 82nd. Stunning and available if you have a spare 9 million.

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2010/11/04/renee_zellwegers_upper_east_side_portfolio_up_for_grabs.php

All the original detail and character remain which is rare and more prevalent in brownstones over prewar apartment buildings. I love how the rooms open into more rooms and how the windows, as big as doors, are everywhere. And how can you not be charmed by the crown molding and ceiling detail 13 feet above? Nice…

Although I’m sure it needs something, you could likely spare yourself the renovation and live beautifully under a coat of fresh paint and buffed floors. You may not even need that. Move in your furniture (modern or traditional), buy more, hang your chandeliers and call it a day - a very happy day…

A friend of mine said yesterday, and more than once, that real estate doesn’t make you happy. She’s looked several times to buy but has never fallen in love, and consequently has never taken the plunge to own any. She prefers entertainment and travel. That’s great too…

BUT I disagree, then again I’ve always Loved designing my spaces, no matter how small, and creating a home has always made me happy. I spend a lot of time there, so I want to feel good from the moment I wake up to the instant I fall asleep.

I’ve always identified with the saying: “your home is your castle.’ And my little castle, once done, will make me very, very happy. Then again, this one might make me even more so.…

No comments: