Tuesday, July 6, 2010

There’s No Place Like…

A pool in weather like this or somewhere in the AC. It’s supposed to hit the 100 mark here today. That’s hot… It was pretty hot this weekend too, but I didn’t mind as I was inside on a mission - unpacking boxes. What a job, but it gets me one step closer to living normally again...

Well never mind that, thinking of where I rather be, I ran across this image. It’s perfect – so serene… I actually saved it, not for the pool, but for the arched window which is perfectly placed overlooking the water and the garden surrounding it. And although it's not clear in the scan, there’s also a beautiful round quatrefoil window on the inside. I’m smitten.

Growing up we had a pool and I was the pool girl. My job was to keep it looking tip top, which wasn’t easy as we had a ton of trees. The never ending leaves plus my fair skin has kept me from ever wanting another one, but every once in a while I see one that changes my mind. Well this is one of those moments…

As long as there is a great umbrella, pretty flowers and an arched window like this one, I’m in. And better yet – a pool guy to keep it looking just like this. Priceless…

No comments: