Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Perfect Match...



When I saw this in Architectural Digest I stopped flipping the pages. Wow, what an amazing, unlikely, and seamless blend of opposing architecture – a perfect match…

I love old buildings and the way you feel in them. Whether decorated traditionally or modern or both, I wouldn’t trade that feeling for the world… BUT I also really love a cleaned lined modern approach when done right - calm not cold.

Well apparently you don’t have to choose – you can have both and a cherry on top.

Architect Alan Greenberg created a 2 level addition that is light filled and contemporary. I found it reminiscent of French doors with transoms and vintage skylights, but with a new-world modern spin. This blending concept could have easily gone wrong, but it sooooo works.

I would LOVE this space and was dying to see the other half - the original house and the transition between the two. But they only showed the addition. Really? Are you kidding me? That's half the story...

I’ve always thought having a country and city space would be wonderful, or a traditional and a modern one. This is the best of both worlds in one space – no packing and no travel needed.

No comments: