Monday, April 12, 2010

9 By Design

I’m not a big fan of reality shows - they're all about the dark side... Honestly is this reality? Do "real" people really act this way?

My exception to the rule – design reality. Not my own, as I'm living it everyday, but someone elses...

Well get ready - 9 By Design starts tonight on Bravo. Finally a show I can relate to, and nobody will be sent home…

These designers go big. I’ve seen 2 of their spaces firsthand and absolutely LOVED them - super fun, reclaimed-modern, and kid friendly. Honestly doing these crazy renovations is just that – crazy. But for me, it’s just kitty being put out, not 7 kids. Now that I can't imagine.

This couple is a team. Self taught, they started renovating for themselves, and then the offers came in: “I love your place, do you think you could help me?”

Why not? This is how I started as well. And the real estate market was definitely on their side... no trading up from a studio to a bedroom or two. Their path has been on a much larger scale - townhouses and buildings.

Together they take a space, turn it upside down, and make it more interesting, but the best part I think is the sense of fun they infuse - check out their recent book, Downtown Chic to see for yourself...

I can’t wait to see what they do next. Where is it? Do they live there while the reno is going on? What problems do they run into?

Tune in and let’s find out together…

1 comment:

kelly giesen said...

OK - I really liked the show! It was fun to watch. It was on late though 11:00.... DVRs are a wonderful thing.