Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's All In The Can...

Last night I came home to the smell of fresh paint – the renovation equivalent of "new car smell". Immediately I rounded the corner to the bedroom for “my moment of truth”.

Instant happiness…

The result was exactly what I was after – the perfect shade of subtle gray, not the perfect gray I originally picked and wrote about, but another contender, a last minute switch in fact. Say hello to Benjamin Moore Paper White.

So how is it that no matter what I do, I still end up with some form of the color white??? But it’s just the name.... This color is truly gray and looks beautiful against the bright white molding and doors.

I'm still always amazed what a little can of paint do for making a room feel finished – even when it’s clearly not...not even close.

I’ve had a crème bedroom (another white in name only) for years, so this gray color palate is all new to one of my personal spaces – and I’m really liking it. It will be paired with ice blue, metallic silver, and white much like the colors of water and sky - none better. So yes,I'm hooked already... The calm and relaxing aura it brings is wonderful - just what you want in a bedroom.

But the true test is the morning after… I could hardly wait to wake up and see my gray in morning light – once again happy. OK, it’s a keeper. So after alllll those test samples and weeks of searching and comparing, I finally found “the one” and yes it was well worth waiting for…

4 comments:

sari said...

אני מאד אוהבת את הבלוג שלך! תמשיכי לכתוב. אני לומדת דברים חדשים כל פעם שאת כותבת בבלוג שלך ומצפה להם בקוצר רוח. תודה רבה.

A Perfect Gray said...

awesome! can we see?...

sari said...

Iknow the color Paper whihe and love it. against bright white it brings out a beautiful gray. the
brightr the white the deepr the gray.I hope you love it.

Kelly Giesen said...

I have no good pictures at the moment as it is still a bit of a mess...ugghhhh