Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lucky Lucky Day...


Yesterday I ran around trying to find a floor lamp for a client that is out of stock everywhere. I hit 3 different Anthropologie stores to find it - no luck. Well so I thought...

I had been eyeing these mirror framed embroidered coy fish for years, but they were pretty pricey. I had not seen them in a while until they resurfaced during my hunt for the lamp. The outside of the frame was a little nicked up, so I asked of there were any others - no luck, no others.

In looking up the item, the sales guy said the sku number was very old and this one was the last one ANYWHERE. He also threw in that I could have it for the final closeout price - $10. Really? The original price was $700!

I felt like that Ikea commercial where the girl pays, looks both ways and runs for the door yelling, "Get the car. Get the car." More like get the cab for me.

Clearly this was my lucky lucky day. From what I know about Coy fish are actually supposed to be lucky. I looked up the meaning they also are a symbol of love, happiness and perseverance. Apparently all are true...

No comments: