Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Look What I Found...


Last weekend I went the Lucketts Spring Antique Market near Leesburg Virginia. This is one of my favorite events of the year so my Mom, Sis and I always try and make it if we can.

This year we got there on day one when it first opened. It reminded me of a crowded subway at rush hour in Grand Central - just crazy. There were many dealers with everything from furniture to glass, to linens, to architectural pieces. They also had many of my favorite foods - pit beef, cupcakes, crab cakes, and lemonade.

I ended up buying 6 chairs and a small wall hung table, somehow forgetting we came in a small car. Good thing I passed on the cute nightstand. With a little help and creativite thinking we got everything in with not an inch to spare. Next year - plan better and bring the SUV.

Here are pictures of the dining chairs I picked up. I love the shape of the back of the upholstered ones, so much so that I plan to make a pattern in case I start a furniture line. The second style is modern and fun, and even though there were only two, I picked them up anyway as they will be perfect for any room with a modern/traditional mix.

I can’t wait to see them finished:
Fresh Paint + Great Fabric = One Stunning Set of Chairs

I have no doubt that once finished I'll regret giving them up...

5 comments:

Dream Mom said...

Love the one on the right. I like anything with curves and that style is really nice. The other one is nice too but the one on the right is pretty amazing.

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool stuff, I saw this site with some useful info on Antique Dining Chairs. Hope it helps.

Unknown said...

Hi Ant Kel! I know those chairs very well! I just wanted to tell you I love you and hope everything is going well in NYC! Im jealous of the food grandma made you for this weekend, wish I could be there!
love you, miss you,
J

Kelly Giesen said...

Jenna I wish you were here too! Thank goodness Mom is bring food as this frig is pretty bare... You will have to come see the new space in a few months.

Love,
Kell

Kelly Giesen said...

Thanks for sharing the link Ross...